In 1915, a young woman from Suffolk became a soldier in the Serbian Army. In the same year, nurse Edith Cavell from Norfolk was helping Allied soldiers to escape imprisonment.
This documentary looks at the women of East Anglia who rose to every challenge during the two world wars, from working the land to firefighting.
For the first time their story is told, including:
• The Norwich Ladies Fire Brigade in 1915,
• The Land Army in Essex and Norfolk,
• Barrage balloon operators at Cardington,
• Suffolk nurses from the mobile hospital unit and
• Barbara Meadows – the Cambridgeshire billeting officer who took the job the men refused.
- Running Time 55 mins approx
- PAL DVD